- Our training and resources are from Missouri School-Wide Positive Behaviour Support(MO SW-PBS)
- This training is rigorously researched and updated each year to ensure it is consistent with the most up to date advances in behavioural and implementation science.
- We facilitate all our training in conjunction with the MO SW-PBS team, including Dr Tim Lewis (one of the original architects of PBIS).
Our four day training follows the procedure of MO SW-PBS, and guides team through the process of designing their Tier 1 intervention before they implement – no more building the plane in flight! Over 4 non-consecutive days in a school year we will help your team to design your Behaviour expectations, school-wide matrix, routines and procedures, teaching and acknowledgement systems, and what to do if students make behavioural errors. We will then support your team through the process of launching PBS and provide technical assistance and problem solving as required.
We will assist your school with problem solving and Technical Assistance in Tier 1, and to assess your readiness for Tier 2 – more intensive supports for the 15-20 % of students who need more help to be successful.
We offer specialised team training in selecting and implementing Tier 2 interventions across the whole continuum of Tier 2 support – for students with disruptive behaviour, social difficulties, attention problems and internalising problems like anxiety and depression. We will assist you to use data to make decisions about which interventions are needed in your school, how to select students for additional intervention, and how to implement interventions with fidelity to get the best results.
This training is typically offered in half day sessions to suit the schools needs, and includes technical assistance and problem solving support for your team along the implementation journey.
Schools implementing PBS with fidelity and appropriate intensity will find so many of their students are flourishing, and are both academically and socially successful. However, some students will require highly individualised planning to be successful. We offer Team training and technical assistance/problems solving for schools in a range of Tier 3 interventions, including:
· Developing Function Based Individual Behaviour Support Plans (FBA-BIP)
· Prevention of and response to student violence (Phases of Escalation Profiling and Crisis Prevention Planning)
· Individual Mental Health support plans for students with Anxiety and Depression.
This training is facilitated for a specialised team, but whole school sessions are available to increase staff understanding and buy in of strategies.
Contact us if you would like further information.