8:30 am - 2:30 pm
Relationships Australia Albany, Albany Western Australia
We are delighted to offer this FREE professional learning for early childhood educators and service leaders in regional Western Australia.
This professional learning is specifically designed for Early Childhood/ Childcare in regional areas and focusses on implementing Trauma Informed Practices and Positive Behaviour Supports.
The training will be delivered in three phases of one day workshops, which build on each other.
Phase 1 focusses on positive, consistent environments to support all children. Content (and resources for your services) will include:
- Trauma and brain development, and how this has significant effects on behaviour,
- Philosophy of Positive Behavioural Interventions and Supports, and international context (how other Early Childhood Services worldwide are using this model to support children),
- Defining expected behaviours as a care community – consistent language and behaviours
- Pre-corrections and frequent interaction as effective problem prevention strategies – preventing problem behaviour and increasing pro-social behaviour
- Teaching expected behaviour to all children to prevent problems occurring.
There are no limits on how many of your staff can attend so please send as many as you can!
It is recommended that staff attend all three sessions, however we welcome everyone to come to the sessions they can.
This free professional learning is supported by the State Government’s Royalties for Regions program and the Department of Communities.
The venue is being finalised and will be advised ASAP – please provide us your email in your electronic booking so we can contact you with details closer to the event.
LocationRelationships Australia Albany
BookingsHurry! Only 12 places left!
Bookings are closed for this event.