9:00 am - 3:00 pm
We are delighted to facilitate this series of Professional Development sessions for early-years educators and leaders in Regional WA. This training is made freely available via the support of the State Government’s Royalties for Regions program and the Department of Communities.
These sessions will be on Saturdays in response to request from services across the state, to make them more accessible for all staff.
The session will be in Port Hedland – the venue is being finalised and will be emailed to registered participants so make sure you register with your best email address!
Content will include:
Positive, Consistent Environments to Support All Children
- Introduction to Positive Behavioural Interventions and Supports, and international Context (how other Early Childhood Services worldwide are using this model to support children),
- Defining expected behaviours as a care community – consistent language and behaviours
- Pre-corrections and frequent Interaction as effective problem prevention strategies – preventing problem behaviour and increasing pro-social behaviour
- Teaching expected behaviour to all children to prevent problems occurring.
Responding Effectively and Consistently to Childrens’ Behaviour
- Using effective, specific positive feedback four times more frequently than corrective feedback to improve behaviour, self-esteem and service environments.
- Active supervision to increase positive behaviour and reduce behavioural errors and violence,
- Using behavioural choice to develop positive behavioural momentum and encourage autonomy and self-regulation,
- Responding to behaviour errors in consistent, effective and supportive ways including redirection and re-teaching, to grow children’s social wellbeing
Highly intensive individual support planning (Tier 3) utilising the Prevent, Teach, Reinforce structure for young children and how this can be used for children at risk of exclusion from the service
Workshops are open for registration (free, but required) at
All resources – slides, handouts and videos – can be found at https://rypple.org.au/early-childhood-pbis and attendees are encouraged to print handouts to bring with them.Regional WA Saturdays RCCDF Flyer 2020