9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Busselton Community Resource Centre (meeting room), Busselton
We are delighted to offer this FREE professional learning for early childhood educators and service leaders in regional Western Australia.
This professional learning is specifically designed for Early Childhood/ Childcare in regional areas and focusses on implementing Trauma Informed Practices and Positive Behaviour Supports.
The training will be delivered in three phases of one day workshops, which build on each other.
Phase 1: Positive, Consistent Environments to Support All Children
• Trauma and brain development, and how this has significant effects on behaviour,
• Philosophy of Positive Behavioural Interventions and Supports, and international Context (how other Early Childhood Services worldwide are using this model to support children),
• Defining expected behaviours as a care community – consistent language and behaviours
• Pre-corrections and frequent Interaction as effective problem prevention strategies – preventing problem behaviour and increasing pro-social behaviour
• Teaching expected behaviour to all children to prevent problems occurring.
All resources – slides, handouts and videos –are at https://rypple.org.au/early-childhood-pbis and attendees are encouraged to print handouts to bring with them.
Please note to reduce costs we are not providing catering, so participants are welcome to bring their own, or we will provide enough time to go and buy during the lunch break.
The venue is being finalised and will be emailed to all enrolled participants – please check your email details are correct for registration.
LocationBusselton Community Resource Centre (meeting room)
Categories No Categories
BookingsHurry! Only 6 places left!
Bookings are closed for this event.