3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Are you really a PBIS school? Can you show change over time in staff and student behaviour?
Does your PBIS Leadership team continuously use data to:
- Identify, define, and analyse problems
- Select and implement evidence-based practices
- Progress-monitor and evaluate implementation of these practices
- Create cycles of continuous improvement
Many of the schools we see working to implement SW-PBIS Tier 1 are hampered by not having efficient ways to collect and use data for decision making. This training is designed specifically for schools who have implemented Tier 1 but cannot yet see the results of their efforts. Teams who complete this training will be able to:
- Collect data efficiently (using an alternative to the Integris system, designed specifically for Australian schools)
- Use data to change student behaviour using step by step process
- See measurable change in student behaviour – finally see the results of all your hard work!
The importance of school teams collecting useful data, and using it to solve problems in a structured format cannot be overstated.
Using data and a systematic problem-solving process shifts the SW-PBL Team decision-making from a reactive or crisis driven process to a pro-active outcomes driven process and sets the stage for continuous improvement.
This three part online training is designed to help school PBIS Leadership teams collect and use data to solve student behaviour problems effectively.
Part One: Introduction to Data Based Decision Making
The two important areas for data analysis
- Are we doing SW-PBIS properly (with Fidelity)
Replacing the SET and TIC with up-to-date tools – the Tiered Fidelity Assessment (for Leadership teams) and the 2021 version of the Self Assessment Survey (for all staff)
- Are we making a difference to student behaviour?
What does SW-PBIS mean by data collection and usage? Australian examples of Data Based Decision Making
Register your school team to be sent the link to the Zoom conference on the day of the session.
Note: this session will be held at 3:30pm Australian Eastern Daylight Saving Time